In Episode #6 of the Life Is A Marathon show, I urge you to stop thinking that multitasking is a good thing. It’s not! I talk about the benefits, personally and professionally, of practicing the art of being present–giving your undivided attention to people. This another “personal branding” episode designed to help you build a life–your brand–that people want to engage with and promote.
Quotes from the show:
Wherever you are, be all there! — Jim Elliot
- Multitasking, as a good thing, is a myth
- You are not at your best when you are multitasking
- Relationships are weakened by distraction, lack of attention
- Practice the Art of Being Present
- Give your work single-task focus
- Give people your undivided attention
- Tip for men: Women find it very attractive when a man gives them undivided attention!
- All of your relationships, personally and professionally, benefit from you being present in the moment.
Mentioned in this show:
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results – Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money – Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- Bruce Van Horn – LifeThought: When things aren’t adding up, start subtracting!
- Bruce Van Horn – LifeThought: Wherever you are, be all there!
- Bruce Van Horn – Fathers, Date Your Children
- Run For Fun Cruise
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook
Please share this episode with your friends and followers. You may even embed a copy of the show directly on your website!