What you are becoming is more important than what you are doing. Doing is usually just mechanical. Becoming is personal and spiritual. In this episode, I talk about making changes in our lives to move forward in our personal growth. Change is scary because it creates uncertainty, so I also address some very helpful ways to overcome the paralysis caused by fear. Please listen and share with your friends!
- I want 2015 to be the best year of your life, so far!
- “How we spend our days is ultimately how we spend our lives.” If you want your life to be different in 2015, you are going to have to think and act differently–and change can be a bit scary.
- If you don’t make any changes in your life, you can’t expect any changes in your life!
- I am making some big changes in my life in 2015
- I’m dropping a few of the things I used to do for income.
- I’m adding some new, exciting things to my life, that I’m not quite sure how they will turn out.
- Fear stops people from trying new things, from making the changes needed to change their lives.
- Mindset: Be more excited about what could go right, than what could go wrong.
- Be more excited about what is coming into your life than worried about what will go out of it.
- I know you’re scared, to it scared. I know you’re uncertain, do it uncertain.
- Don’t label the feeling as “fear” or “anxiety.” Identify the physical symptoms–heart racing, hands shaking, stomach upset. Then ask yourself “can I do this with shaky hands, upset stomach, and heart pounding?” The answer is usually yes.
- What stops us from taking steps forward is not the physical symptoms, it’s the story we are telling ourselves in the present about some outcome we do not want to happen in the future. The problem is the future isn’t real. Only the present is real.
- The past and future only exist as stories we tell ourselves about did or will happen.
- It takes just as much (and I think, less) energy to project a positive outcome to a situation than it does to think about a negative outcome.
- The answer is always “no” if you don’t ask the question.
- Be more concerned about what you are BECOMING, than what you are DOING!
- The “doing” is more fulfilling if you do it with your focus on what you are “becoming” in the process.
- You are already are “good enough” as a person. You don’t need to be “better”
- If you already know exactly how to reach your goal, it’s not a big enough goal!
- If you know exactly what to do, I’d just call that a task, not a goal.
- Stop thinking about it and DO something TODAY, no matter how small, to move you closer to realizing your dream!
Mentioned in this show:
- Clarity: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results by Jamie Smart
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook