Are you a person who does your work, whatever it is, to the best of your ability? Your work is a reflection of who you are and it says more about how you think of yourself than it does the work you are performing. This is another Personal Branding episode in which I stress the importance of seeing yourself as the greatest product or service ever created and taking ownership of the idea that, regardless of who signs your paycheck, you are self-employed. Please listen and share with the social links below!
- “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it … Autograph your work with excellence.” — Vince Lombardi
- Are you doing your job halfheartedly? Just well enough to get by and satisfy your boss?
- It doesn’t matter who signs your paycheck. You work for yourself. You represent the greatest product or service that was ever created. That brand is YOU!
- Your success is going to be based on how well you represent yourself to the world.
- Your work is a reflection of who you are, what’s going on inside you, and how you value and respect yourself.
- Doing things with excellence is not so much about skill, craftsmanship, or outward appearance. It’s about what’s inside you that you are in love with. It’s a reflection of who you are on the inside. It’s what flows naturally from within you.
- If you don’t like your job or your boss or a particular project and you do it just enough to get by or not as well as you are capable, that says more about you than it does the boss, job or project. It’s about what’s going on inside you.
- Have so much pride, respect, and love for yourself that it shows in and through the work that you do.
- Our kids do this in school. They may not like the subject or the teacher, so they just do enough to get by, somehow thinking they are pulling something over on the teacher.
- You may not like your boss, job, or the project you are working on, but why not do the work in a way that reflects the beauty and strength of character that is inside you?
- If you do substandard work, it reflects poorly on you and it reveals substandard thoughts and feelings you have about yourself and your position in life.
- The attitude with which you do your work should always be in sync with your life’s purpose or core values.
- The 4th Agreement – Always Do Your Best!
- “Work is love made visible” — Kahlil Gibran
Mentioned in this show:
- CLARITY: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results by Jamie Smart
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
- LIAM Team Life Coaching Community
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook