Step 1 in creating your Life Plan is to start dreaming again. As adults, we still have the ability to dream; most of us, however, have simply stopped doing it! If you want to live the life of your dreams, you need to dream about your life! Listen as I walk you through the first of these Life Plan sessions:
- “People never lose the ability to dream, they just quit doing it. If that’s you, start dreaming again!” See this popular Tweet
- Everything that exists right now exists because somebody imagined it at some point.
- The dreaded “hows” are what keep people from dreaming. Our job is to dream, God’s job is to make it happen.
- If you don’t ask, the answer is always no
- If you don’t dream, it will never come true
- Go in with the goal of being devastated if it doesn’t work out (LIAM 37: I hope you dance!)
- Don’t let people who never followed their dreams tell you not to follow yours!
- People never do anything without, for at least a split second, imagining themselves doing it.
- Put yourself in the future and think about the past.
- 5 years ago, you found a magic lamp and a genie granted you all of your wishes. Not just 3. All of your wishes!
- Write a letter to your best friend, who you haven’t seen for the last 5 years. Tell him/her everything about your life right now–what you are doing, who you are doing it with, the success you’ve had over the last 5 years. What were the steps you took, the people you approached, the products/services you created. Every door you knocked on opened for you, every decision was the right decision, etc.
Mentioned in this show:
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook