The life you rehearse the most will be the life you live! Most of us want to live amazing lives filled with success, happiness, and love. However, most of us rehearse–in our thoughts, words, and actions–the very life we do not want to live! Listen as I talk about rehearsing the life of your dreams!
- We are all writers. 24/7 we are writing and rewriting the story of our lives
- Session 58 – Life is only a reflection, Bruce, of whatever you say.
- Visualizing the life you want is the most important part of getting the life you want
- Life Plan – visualize your dream life, voices from the past, perfect wheel spoke
- Olympic divers, pole vaulters, high jumpers, visualize every step, pull twist, — victory
- They are rehearsing
- Most of us spend more time reliving, rehearsing, if you will, the past, our failures, instead of what we want
- We replay our mistakes, poor choices, words we wish we could take back
- We replay–like Session 60, the Great Cloud of Witnesses–what others have said or done that hurt or upset us
- Actors rehearse their parts with such focus, they take on the personality of the character
- Same with us–we become what we think about
- We create what we focus on
- We get really good at what we spend the most time doing
- What we rehearse becomes how we see ourselves, what we think about ourselves and the world
- “How I see myself is how others will see me.” – Steven Web
- Focus on what you want
- Rewrite the script of the part you want to play today, tomorrow and the rest of your life
- Start rehearsing that role
- There is some truth to the phrase “fake it until you make it”
- Everyone starts at the beginning.
- We want to ride a bike, we see ourselves as a bike rider, we keep practicing until it becomes something we do naturally
- Start today! Start being, right now, the person you want to be tomorrow!
Mentioned in this show:
- Download: Affirmations for Abundant Living
- LIAM Team Life Coaching Community
- Please nominate me for a Shorty Award!
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook