Perhaps the most important success principle that I have learned and applied to my life is the formula E+R=O. I actually learned this principle from Jack Canfield in his book, The Success Principles. Most people, myself included, live with an E=O mindset, which means the events (the things that happen to us) determine our outcomes. If we are happy, it is because good things are happening. If we are sad, angry, lonely, or broke, it is because of events that have caused us to feel that way. This simply isn’t true. The truth is it is how we respond to those events that determine our outcomes–how we feel or what quality of life we live. My good friend, Kent Julian, and I had a wonderful conversation about this very topic. Listen to our lively conversation:
Mentioned in this show:
- Release the Brakes: A 1-Day Workshop to Set You Free!
- Join Bruce’s Mastermind Group
- Worry No More! book
- Download: Affirmations for Abundant Living
- LIAM Team Life Coaching Community
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Subscribe on Stitcher Radio!
- Watch on YouTube!
- LIAM on Twitter: @LifeIs262
- LIAM on Facebook / LifeIsAMarathon
- Subscribe to the LIAM Mailing List
- Bruce Van Horn on Twitter
- Bruce Van Horn on Facebook